In need of a fast dessert idea for your special someone soon? These lava cakes are something to give a try. You don’t need many ingredients, and it takes a total of 20 min from start to finish. My suggestion is to cook them while you’re eating dinner so they’re still nice and warm/hot, when you’re ready to eat. The lava on the inside stays more “lavaish” that way. You can also top them off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream …mmm.
- ½ cup butter
- 7oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400C.
- Brush 4 small souffle cups with melted butter.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over double boiler, stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, and keep stirring.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Pour into cups and bake for 13-14 minutes until the sides are set.
- Let them rest for a minute and transfer them on serving plates.
- Dust powdered sugar and cocoa powder on each right before serving.