I found this recipe a few years ago on the Eating Well website, and it’s one of my favorites. I’m not a drinker, really, but a grapefruit and vodka (Absolut Ruby Red is my most favorite) on special occasions really hits the spot. It’s really refreshing and not heavy with alcohol “flavor”. When I found this, I was pretty excited to mix up my “grapefruit and grapefruit”, as I call it, and brought it to a NYE party. It was a hit and I’m excited that I remembered it! Also good to note, winter is the perfect citrus season, so grab some grapefruit and get juicing!
- Coarse salt, (optional)
- 4 ounces tequila, divided
- 2 ounces orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau, divided
- 3 cups grapefruit juice, divided
- 4 grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Wet the rims of 4 glasses and coat with coarse salt (if desired); fill the glasses with ice.
- Pour 1 ounce tequila and ½ ounce liqueur into each.
- Top each with ¾ cup grapefruit juice and stir. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit.