We aren’t huge fish eaters in our house, or at least not huge fish cookers. I don’t like using my stove for stinky, messy cooking, and fish typically fits into both of those categories. However, sometimes I’ll make an exception for something really tasty. Last night we had mahi mahi with this mango salsa on top. It’s so fresh and a little spicy, it really makes the chore of cooking the fish really worth it. The good news is that the salsa can be used on chicken or served alone with tortilla chips as well! Whatever your pleasure, I’d recommend giving it a try.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 Jalapeño chile, minced (less or more to taste)
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Garnish fish, chicken or tacos with salsa. You can also serve alone with tortilla chips!
This goes great with my Hawaiian chicken, you can find here!